Don’t just routinely book into a hotel without considering whether serviced apartments could offer you more. It’s currently the RFP, ‘Request for Proposal’ season where companies find out what accommodation might be ideal for their employees while they’re traveling. Firms establish relationships with accommodation providers, confident they can get a good deal for a long term relationship.
But are they failing to step out of their comfort zones? Are firms doing enough to shop around? At Clarendon we’re always going to argue that serviced apartments are the best option but we want to make sure businesses have considered the potential offered by serviced apartments when they’re making decisions.
1. The space issue– In a serviced apartment you have up to three times more space than in a hotel room. This allows you to work more comfortably, to stretch out during your leisure time and to be able to cook your own meals. The space comes in really handy if you’re staying with your family or if you’re entertaining. Being able to stretch your legs and wander around the room is a luxury not to be sniffed at!
2. It’s more flexible– When you stay in a serviced apartment you have the flexibility to come and go as you please. You can walk in and out any time of the day; it’s your choice. You also have the added option of making food in the kitchen in your apartment, or ordering a takeaway as a treat. A serviced apartment can accommodate most lifestyles.
3. A home away from home– Unlike when you’re staying in a hotel, a serviced apartment simply feels more like home. That’s because of how an apartment is arranged (to look like an apartment, mainly) so you have a defined living space, a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. Psychologically this can have a huge impact when you’re traveling and staying in a city for a long term assignment. The period of adjustment is much shorter making it easier to hit the ground running. You feel less like you’re in a temporary space.
4. Privacy– There’s an added layer of security when it comes to staying in a serviced apartment. There are no open lobbies like there are at hotels where anyone can walk in. You have a key for access as well as a secure entry code. This is a major plus for travellers staying in London.
5. The apartment lifestyle– A hotel room can be a good solution in the short term. However in the long term it becomes less effective and can in fact affect productivity and quality of life. Being confined to one room with no kitchen to cook food or space to move around in can take its toll. Additionally you face a huge takeaway bill! In a serviced apartment you have far more control over your lifestyle. An employee has more space to work in and to relax, a vital combination when you’re away from home.
If you’re a company looking for extended stay solutions for more than 30 nights then a serviced apartment should be considered as well as hotels. As well as the lifestyle factors mentioned above there are also cost-savings to be made. According to ESA you can make almost a third of savings by staying in a serviced apartments compared with a 4* hotel.
Clarendon Serviced Apartments has been an established provider of apartments in London for over 26 years. We offer serviced apartments in Canary Wharf, the City, South West London, West End and West London. If you would like to find out more about our company solutions then give us a call on 01784 489200 (option 1) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.